A flat screen TV is a great option to have in your home. It can provide entertainment, is a lot of fun when it comes to watching the big game or having a movie night at home with your family. Over time, you may find that you need to give the flat screen TV a good cleaning to make it look better and to enhance your viewing experience. But what are the best ways to clean your flat screen TV?
To clean your flat screen TV, you will need to unplug the television set and dust down the outside of the TV except for the screen. To get the screen, you can use a microfiber cloth to safely wipe it down and keep it safe. If the smudges are more difficult to move, a liquid cleaner approved for the TV can help, but never scrub too hard on the screen or you could ruin it.
Cleaning your flat screen TV the right way will help it last a long time and can keep it in good shape. Letâ€™s take a closer look at the steps that you can take to properly clean any flat screen TV.
How to Clean a Flat Screen TV?
When you own a flat screen TV, you will need to take some care and attention to making sure the television is cleaned the right way. This will help to make the screen clean and clear, improving your viewing experience along the way. But what steps should you take to properly clean your flat screen TV?
Some of the steps that you should follow to help safely clean any flat screen TV in your home includes:
- Unplug the television before you start. You do not want it hooked up to anything as you do this.
- Dust all of the other areas of the TV outside of the screen. You should pay special attention to some of the small openings in the TV, like the ports and vents. If you ese that there is some debris or dust inside, you can use compressed air or a vacuum to help clear that opening.
- When that is done, use a dry microfiber cloth to help wipe out the debris, dust, and smudges on your screen. You will want to be gentle here. If you scrub on the screen too hard, it is going to cause damage.
- After a quick dusting, you may notice that there are still some marks on the screen. Now it is time to use either a liquid screen cleaner or distilled water. Apply this special liquid to a microfiber cloth, not onto the TV, and wipe the screen softly.
- TIP: To avoid smudges and streaks on the TV, you need to wipe side to side or up and down. Never clean in circles on this one. Remember to not scrub too hard as you are doing this or you may risk cracking the screen of the flat screen TV.
- Allow the TV time to dry if you use the liquid on it. Once it is dry, you can plug the TV back in and turn it on to enjoy. You will be able to watch a show or turn the TV on right after it dries or you are done cleaning.
Depending on how long it has been since you last cleaned the TV, it shouldnâ€™t take too long for you to go through and get the whole TV cleaned up and looking nice. Take your time on this though and do not scrub or push too hard on the TV, or it may get ruined along the way.
What Can I Use to Clean My TV Screen?
You need to use the right products and materials to help clean your flat screen TV. There are some products and materials that can harm your screen, so using caution here is going to help. For most TVs, a dry microfiber cloth is a good idea. This is the same kind of cloth that you would use on a camera lens or glasses. When used gently on the TV screen, it will get rid of some of the dusts and smudges so you can see the screen more clearly.
There are also some TV cleaning kits that you can purchase. These often come with the liquid screen cleaner and a microfiber cloth that are safe to use. You can find these at most electronics stores, but they are kind of expensive. You may want to just get your own microfiber cloth because it will be rare when you need the liquid cleaner.
Another thing to keep in mind before you start cleaning is to check the manual for your TV for all recommendations. Some TVs are going to have an anti-glare coating on them and may require special care to not ruin that feature.
What You Shouldnâ€™t Use to Clean a TV Screen?
The items you shouldnâ€™t use on your TV are just as important as the items that you do decide to use. Never use any type of glass cleaner on your TV. This means items like Windex are off limits. These cleaners may do a great job on your windows, but they can contain some harsh solvents like alcohol, ammonia, and acetone that may damage the flat screen.
When it comes to rubbing down the screen, it is not a good idea to use paper towels or clothing. These are abrasive and may scratch at the coating on the screen and can ruin your fun with watching the television.
Cleaning Your Flat Screen TV
Your flat screen TV can provide hours of entertainment, whether you choose to watch movies, your favorite show, or a sports game on it. When the TV gets dirty though, it may be time to get it cleaned to make it look as good as new. Take a look at some of the steps above and see how easy it can be to clean your flat screen TV.